Salary / Package Negotiable
My client is a dynamic, fast-track business that has experienced impressive growth for several years and made an industry-leading reputation for themselves in their sector. As the business continues to develop, they've created a new permanent opportunity to join their senior team as Commercial Manager.
The successful candidate will work with peers from 3 different company divisions to devise, implement and manage a commercial function which is heavily focused on the company's pricing strategy and sales analysis. You will have an impact at the decision-making level and influence the company's profitability directly. There is definitely scope for this role to progress to Commercial Director and for this individual to quickly recruit and train a team to support them.
This is an exciting time to join this evolving organisation and play a key role in their continued success.
- Take ownership of a newly created function, with a high level of autonomy
- Devise a pricing strategy that allows the overall achievement of company objectives (turnover, stock turn and profit margin)
- Undertake analysis of all data sources to assist with pricing strategy
- Evaluate suitable software providers for the systemisation of pricing
- Oversee the design of bespoke in-house pricing systems if appropriate
- Partner all functions of the business to understand cost bases and their impact
- Analyse historical sales data to identify high/low performing products
- Develop supply chain and forecasting, ensuring sufficient stock is held ahead of seasonal peaks
- Work with Sales/Marketing to develop longer term pricing strategies and support sales activities
- Work with Purchasing to determine launch pricing, specific 'into stock' dates, stock out management and reduction in overstock / discontinued lines
- You have related experience in a product based, busy company environment
- You are a deeply inquisitive person that questions why something happened and looks to understand
- You are very numerate and have the ability to review data, analyse it and draw conclusions
- You have excellent memory recall
- You are an excellent manager of your own time and can work in a fast and efficient way
- You are diligent in the way you approach your work, and you operate well under pressure
Please apply via website or contact Georgina ta Harvey John for more information.