Chichester Yacht Club's bar and restaurant serves a range of real ale, lager and wines to our dinghy and yacht sailing members and their families and guests. We operate a number of events within the Club, such as Ale and Jazz Festival, Grand NYE Events and much more every month. We also have a busy private events business with corporate events during the week and weddings/parties at the weekends in our Upper Deck room.
Could you be the person we're looking for to ensure the smooth running of our bar and events? Experience not necessary as full training will be given but a background in hospitality would be an advance to become part of our friendly team of part time, casual and full time bar and front of house hospitality staff.
You will have a chance to add your own personal touches to the our organisation, for example this could be by creating an idea for a monthly event or special drinks behind the bar. You will need to be proactive in your approach to work to carry out your day to day duties.
This role is approximately 30 hours per week with flexible shift patterns - you will need to be available to work evenings and weekends and Bank Holidays.
To be successful in this role you will ideally have the following attributes (although not all are essential as training can be given):
- Experience of working in a busy bar environment (desirable but not essential)
- Good people skills
- Excellent customer service skills and standards
- An interest in sailing, or being near the water, would be an advantage
- A can-do attitude and a willingness to learn
- To be reliable and able to work evenings and weekends / bank holidays
- Cash Handling – to ensure purchases are inputted correctly and the correct money taken
- Bar Cellar Continued Maintenance – to ensure the cellar and store rooms are tidy along with the rotation and security of stock.
- To ensure price lists and tills are up to date
- To assist with running regular promotions and specials on the bar, liaise with the kitchen if needed
- To greet and serve members and visitors to the Club and handle complaints/enquiries
- To assist your colleagues on the bar, in the kitchen and on events
- To ensure daily tasks are completed that are set by management.
- To ensure compliance with Health & Safety requirements
- To stay within the boundaries that the premises license sets by completing paper work.
- To assist with improvements to the Clubs décor and services
- Assist with marketing the private events held at the Club
- Assist with generating and closing leads
- Take enquiries and convert them into bookings
- Assist with meetings with clients to plan events
- Ensure all events are prepared, set up and completed as per the booking form
- Develop new propositions for the Private events
- Develop marketing material
- Promote the private events through traditional methods, social media and the Club’s website
- To assist with arranging regular Club social events
- To assist with the organisation of the catering, entertainment, decoration etc. for Club functions
- To assist with marketing the Club events through traditional methods, social media and the Clubs website
- To liaise with Office and Kitchen as appropriate
- To ensure building security.
- To report any damage or security issues
- To ensure that the presentation of the club is kept to a high standard, including the external grounds, bar, restaurant and Upper Deck
- To investigate and propose décor and service improvements
- To understand and implement emergency procedures
Ad hoc duties where necessary.Benefits of working here include:
- Working next to the water with beautiful views of Chichester Harbour.
- Complimentary meals when on duty
- Competitive rates of pay
- Flexible shift patterns
- We have a very friendly and welcoming atmosphere
- There are opportunities for your personal development as you will cover the Hospitality or Bar & Events Manager during absences, receiving training in how to do this and for example we will train you in obtaining your 1st aid and food hygiene certificate
- Free parking
Chichester Yacht Club is located approx 4 miles south of Chichester and can be reached by bus.